1) Classes are $10/person/class. If you stay for both classes (Super and Simple Shimmies), special rate to attend both classes is $15/person-please bring cash only. Be sure to pay before class starts. Monthly and weekly rates are available upon request.
2) Please try to be on time. My classes are held back to back with only a 15 minute window between the two. If you run late, then unfortunately you miss the stretching portion. In that case, please stretch on the side of the studio and jump into class when you feel ready. You may pay me after class.
3) You will need a journal or notebook, and a pen to take notes. I am environmentally conscious so I try to refrain from handing out paper materials. Instead, I use a dry erase board to jot down notes during class, which you can copy down in your book . You’ll need a bag to keep all your bellydance needs in.
4) Bring water with you. I am currently in the process of purchasing a refrigerator to provide cold water.
5) Please try not to eat food less than an hour before class. Exercise after a meal can cause abdominal pains or most commonly known as “side stitch”. Please no food in the studio.
6) Wear comfy, form fitting clothing. Exercise and yoga pants are great. Tank tops and small t-shirts. Flexible attire is your best bet. It’s not necessary to bare your midriff, unless you are comfortable doing so. I encourage you to purchase a coin sash for your hips. I have them available in the Shoppe for $20 and up.
7) No high heels (unless they are designed for dance and have a soft bottom, like Suede). No hard heeled shoes. These can damage the floor. We dance barefoot. You can purchase foot protectors or ballet shoes. If you are not sure about your foot attire, contact me.
8) Please practice proper hygiene.
9) Please do not solicit any product or service provided by anyone other than myself to any student of the Shimmy Shack. Verbal or written.
10) Call Star at 918-812-1054 if you have any reservations due to medical issues or concerns.
11) Most of all...Have FUN! This is for YOU! You Deserve To Get Away!
What to expect when you visit the studio: